EF BOOKSHELF .. - Page 8
1-Click Setup for WordPress, Drupal & Joomla!
 
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 414

Thread: EF BOOKSHELF ..

  1. #211
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    24,484

    Default

    I've finished the novella, The Death of Ivan Ilych by Leo Tolstoy


     Signature 
    الحمدلله

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    7,694

    Default

    Reading currently, Mirabella and the Pearl of Chulothe by Laila Al Bellucci.
     Signature 
    ... I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today ...

  3. #213
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    24,484

    Default

    I tried to read a novel about science fiction.
    It's called " So long and thanks to all the fish"...it's about time travel, but it's presented in a stupid way. So, I stopped reading it when I reached chapter 5
     Signature 
    الحمدلله

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    12,425

    Default

    Angels and Demons by Dan Brown ..
     Signature 

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    Awaken the Giant Within
    Anthony Robbins,
    helpful and insightful ^_^
     Signature 
    "لا شيء يجعلنا عظماء غير ألم عظيم"

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Currently reading Jeffrey Archer's volume three fiction of "Best Kept Secret". I am not a fan of fiction books, but I admire Jeffrey Archer as a storyteller. He has a distinct storytelling style that captivates the readers. He was, at some stage, a member of the Parliament and he was also imprisoned over a financial scandal.
     Signature 
    المرء يعرف بالأنام بفعله ...... و خصائلُ المرء الكريم كأصله

    اصبرْ على حلو الزمان و مره ...... و اعلم بأن الله بالغ أمره

    لا تستغب فتستغاب ، و ربما ........ من قال شيئا ً ، قيل فيه بمثله

  7. #217

    Default

    I'm currently reading MAIN KAMPF by Adlof Hetlar
    Great book about Hetlar's life.
    Recommended for students studing politic.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    726

    Default

    I thoroughly enjoyed Mitch Albom book "For one more day". It is short and simple, yet, delivers in a humorous manner an important message. What anyone of us would do for spending a day with a lost parent, the chance to explain family secrets and to seek forgiveness.
     Signature 
    المرء يعرف بالأنام بفعله ...... و خصائلُ المرء الكريم كأصله

    اصبرْ على حلو الزمان و مره ...... و اعلم بأن الله بالغ أمره

    لا تستغب فتستغاب ، و ربما ........ من قال شيئا ً ، قيل فيه بمثله

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    I have read a book name "the power of under conscious mind"
    it was a great and has a lot of devices to earn them>
    i hope to go through it ....
     Signature 
    سبحان الله والحمد لله والله اكبر ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله العلي العظيم
    اللهم صل و سلم على سيدنا و حبيبنا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه عدد ايام الدنيا وعدد اوراق الشجر و عدد حبات الرمل و عدد الحركات و السكنات

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    170

    Default

    im reading now book called
    stupid girls with stupid dreams
    its fantastic

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GG12 View Post
    im reading now book called
    stupid girls with stupid dreams
    its fantastic
    Why would a boy read such a book!
    lol
     Signature 
    "لا شيء يجعلنا عظماء غير ألم عظيم"

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    "Three Cups of Tea"
    Terrific
     Signature 
    "لا شيء يجعلنا عظماء غير ألم عظيم"

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    Hi all ,elektra,just miracle,juliette, good to see you original members ♡
    I'm currently reading
    pearcy jackson and the lightning theif by rick riordan .
     Signature 
    happy birthday to me

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    You know I just realised that I'm an old member too XD!
     Signature 
    happy birthday to me

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    348

    Default

    novel called (sweet tooth )
     Signature 
    استغفر الله العظيم الذي لا اله الا هو الحي القيوم واتوب الليه
    اللهم اليك اشكو ضعف قوتي
    اللهم من اعتز بك فلن يذل ومن اهتدى بك فلن يضل ومن استكثر بك فلن يقل ومن استقوى بك فلن يضعف ومن استغنى بك فلن يفتقر ومن استنصر بك فلن يخذل ومن استعان بك فلن يغلب ومن توكل عليك فلن يخيب ومن جعلك ملاذه فلن يضيع
    ربي عبدك قد ضاقت به الاسباب وأغلقت دونه الأبواب وزاد به الهم والغم والاكتئاب وانت المرجوّ سبحانك لكشف هذا المصاب يا من اذا دعي اجاب يا سريع الحساب يا رب الأرباب يا عظيم الجناب يا كريم يا وهّاب رب لا تحجب دعوتي ولا ترد مسألتي ولا تدعني بحسرت وارحم عجزي فقد ضاق صدري وتاه فكري وتحيّرت في امري وانت العالم سبحانك بسري وجهري المالك لنفعي وضري القادر على تفريج كربي وتيسير عسري اللهم احينا في الدنيا مؤمنين طائعين وتوفنا مسلمين تائبين اللهم ارحم تضرعنا بين يديك وقوّمنا اذا اعوججنا وادعنّااذا ستقمنا وكن لنا ولا تكن علينا اللهم نسألك يا غفور يا رحمن يا رحيم أن تفتح لأدعيتنا ابواب الاجابه يا من اذا سأله المظطر اجاب برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين

  16. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Currently reading four books, and they are :

    1- Lovers and Strangers by Robert Raymer

    2- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Hussieni

    3- A re-read " The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" by Robert Louis Stevenson

    4- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
     Signature 
    Give neither counsel nor salt till you are asked for it

  17. #227
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    158

    Default

    the last symbol by dan brown

    pure by juliana baggott ..those are a most read :P
     Signature 
    虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず。

  18. #228
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey

    Emma by Jane Austen

    Last edited by Life Storm; 11/01/2014 at 09:45 PM.
     Signature 
    ...
    Madness is a blessing
    ...


    Un dessein si funeste, S'il n'est digne d'Atrée, est digne de Thyeste

  19. #229
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
    Share what book are you currently reading in English ,,

    or any favorite book do you like and advice us to read it
    with a brief description ^_^

    thanks in advance :P
    Shakespear book

  20. #230
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    3,017

    Default

    Forced to read initially but fell in love with it eventually, ' The Great Gatsby' is the best.
     Signature 
    جُد بلطفك يا إلهي ~

  21. #231
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by لوجودي حكاية View Post
    Forced to read initially but fell in love with it eventually, ' The Great Gatsby' is the best.
    SQU
    Full of terrific analysis
     Signature 
    "لا شيء يجعلنا عظماء غير ألم عظيم"

  22. #232
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    I'll try to challenge myself and read The Iliad by Homer
     Signature 
    ...
    Madness is a blessing
    ...


    Un dessein si funeste, S'il n'est digne d'Atrée, est digne de Thyeste

  23. #233
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life Storm View Post
    I'll try to challenge myself and read The Iliad by Homer
    Brave mash Allah
     Signature 
    "لا شيء يجعلنا عظماء غير ألم عظيم"

  24. #234
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Miracle View Post
    Brave mash Allah
    Haha
    I have to have a better understanding of the Greek Mythology and the guys in my signature
     Signature 
    ...
    Madness is a blessing
    ...


    Un dessein si funeste, S'il n'est digne d'Atrée, est digne de Thyeste

  25. #235
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life Storm View Post
    Haha
    I have to have a better understanding of the Greek Mythology and the guys in my signature
    You better do
     Signature 
    "لا شيء يجعلنا عظماء غير ألم عظيم"

  26. #236
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Miracle View Post
    You better do
    Hey Miracle, have you ever read anything by Joseph Conrad?
     Signature 
    ...
    Madness is a blessing
    ...


    Un dessein si funeste, S'il n'est digne d'Atrée, est digne de Thyeste

  27. #237
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life Storm View Post
    Hey Miracle, have you ever read anything by Joseph Conrad?
    Yeah.
    It was a mandatory read at squ,
    The Heart of Darkness
    Loooved it
     Signature 
    "لا شيء يجعلنا عظماء غير ألم عظيم"

  28. #238
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Miracle View Post
    Yeah.
    It was a mandatory read at squ,
    The Heart of Darkness
    Loooved it
    I read it back then too for analysis but I don't know why I find it difficult to read through
    his collection of short stories.!!
    I have some of his prior to Heart of Darkness and they were supposed to be
    a prologue to his famous novella.!!
    Realism as a major theme can be difficult to decode!!
     Signature 
    ...
    Madness is a blessing
    ...


    Un dessein si funeste, S'il n'est digne d'Atrée, est digne de Thyeste

  29. #239
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Life Storm View Post
    I read it back then too for analysis but I don't know why I find it difficult to read through
    his collection of short stories.!!
    I have some of his prior to Heart of Darkness and they were supposed to be
    a prologue to his famous novella.!!
    Realism as a major theme can be difficult to decode!!
    Maybe he wasn't lucky enough yet when he wrote
    that collection
    Seriously if it wasn't for the study, I wouldn't
    have read for him
     Signature 
    "لا شيء يجعلنا عظماء غير ألم عظيم"

  30. #240
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Miracle View Post
    Maybe he wasn't lucky enough yet when he wrote
    that collection
    Seriously if it wasn't for the study, I wouldn't
    have read for him


    In fact, I loved all the stuff I read back then, his master piece, William Golding's great novel " The Lord of the Flies"
    and Chinua Achebe's epic novel with it's leading role Okonkwo " Things Fall Apart ".
    Enough of my weird choices of literature
    But I have to struggle with reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
     Signature 
    ...
    Madness is a blessing
    ...


    Un dessein si funeste, S'il n'est digne d'Atrée, est digne de Thyeste

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •