[Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ] [Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ] جائزة سبلة عمان للأعمال المرئية لعام 2018 [Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ] [Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ]
 
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1515

Thread: hang out & Chat

  1. #1411
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Honestly, I have not myself seen any glories, may be because I am new member, but I do insist there are no differences of glory between generations. If you ask that " glorious" generation about what it thinks of itself, it would probably say that it does not think much of its self because if compared to the previous generations it is less glorious, and if you ask the previous generations you would probably get the same answer, and so on and so fourth. Don't you think that if we follow this logic, we will end up calling the generation of the stone age THE MOST GLORIOUS GENERATION EVER?

  2. #1412
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    The tendency towards complaining is almost universal to human beings. For some reason, every single person is complaining, or at least not feeling good, about the current situation of is his life. We tend to blame the place, the country, the job, the study, the people, sonetimes the whether, and we think that our happiness is the result of one of these factors, where in fact our dissatisfaction about our lives stems from within our mental design. Mankind is not designed to be happy or satisfied, it is designed to proliferate and give birth to children.
    I disagree!
    Everybody can be happy and satisfied if they have the will to be so.
    If you believe that we are here "to proliferate and give birth to children", as you have stated it above, then yeah, it is true.
    It is your thinking that matters!

    I've gone through a number of blue moments. I don't complain though. I smile and life goes on. I am a happy person. :: )

  3. #1413
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    I'm sure that my point of view well and truly doesn't matter you lol.

  4. #1414
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I'm sure that my point of view well and truly doesn't matter you lol.
    You shouldn't say that, it does not mean that simply because I disagree, I don't care about what you think. in fact, I even get your point and quite understand what you are aiming at, except that: I think you are wrong. My point is as follows: human beings want to be happy. but they keep failing. do you know why? it is because they are biologically hardwired to proliferate, not to be happy. Emil Cioran once stated that happiness is simple, it means not bothering about the future. I agree, I think the happiest people are those who live the moment and never bother about the future, job and diplomas for instance, but these people end up either sick, losers, in jail, or some in other institution of coercion. What does all this mean? It means you can either strive for survival and success and not be happy, or otherwise be happy and a loser, you can't be both.

    I know, may be I am too melancholic, I hope I am wrong that we will one day manage to be happy and successful concurrently.

    Last edited by حول الأرض; 04/06/2018 at 10:57 PM.

  5. #1415
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    You shouldn't say that, it does not mean that simply because I disagree, I don't care about what you think. in fact, I even get your point and quite understand what you are aiming at, except that: I think you are wrong. My point is as follows: human beings want to be happy. but they keep failing. do you know why? it is because they are biologically hardwired to proliferate, not to be happy. Emil Cioran once stated that happiness is simple, it means not bothering about the future. I agree, I think the happiest people are those who live the moment and never bother about the future, job and diplomas for instance, but these people end up either sick, losers, in jail, or some in other institution of coercion. What does all this mean? It means you can either strive for survival and success and not be happy, or otherwise be happy and a loser, you can't be both.

    I know, may be I am too melancholic, I hope I am wrong that we will one day manage to be happy and successful concurrently.
    I'm left speechless!
    There are some people who are hard to be understood, and you are one of them.

    I better step back!
    What you are saying is just beyond my level.

    Are you a philosophy major?

  6. #1416
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    I'm left speechless!
    There are some people who are hard to be understood, and you are one of them.

    I better step back!
    What you are saying is just beyond my level.

    Are you a philosophy major?
    Problem we are coming here to chat and our friend writing an essay which make me only read the first two lines and reply accordingly ...

    Is true that salary will be paid earlier this month or it is just a rumor?

  7. #1417
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Problem we are coming here to chat and our friend writing an essay which make me only read the first two lines and reply accordingly ...
    I call my paragraph chatting, I referred to a concrete social phenomenon, may be you prefer ungrammatical dwarfy babbling of the kind you type, that's also your choice. You can choose either.

    Are you a philosophy major?

    What should I discuss to join the discussion?

    may be the prices of garlic and onion!

    I like garlic anyways.

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    !

  9. #1419
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    I call my paragraph chatting, I referred to a concrete social phenomenon, may be you prefer ungrammatical dwarfy babbling of the kind you type, that's also your choice. You can choose either.




    What should I discuss to join the discussion?

    may be the prices of garlic and onion!

    I like garlic anyways.
    This is not chatting it is serious discussion

    Chatting should be short conversation and fun

  10. #1420
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    I call my paragraph chatting, I referred to a concrete social phenomenon, may be you prefer ungrammatical dwarfy babbling of the kind you type, that's also your choice. You can choose either.




    What should I discuss to join the discussion?

    may be the prices of garlic and onion!

    I like garlic anyways.
    Now you are chatting keep it up

  11. #1421
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    I like garlic too specially with Laban

  12. #1422
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Fine. You are from Oman, what place(s) would you advise me to visit when I come to Oman? Other than Salala which is definitely my main destination!

  13. #1423
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulushi-4ever View Post
    Problem we are coming here to chat and our friend writing an essay which make me only read the first two lines and reply accordingly ...

    Is true that salary will be paid earlier this month or it is just a rumor?
    @bulushi-4ever Please let the guy speak his mind.
    We definitely need such mentalities to be around.

    Regarding the salary, I have no idea.
    I'll ask the payroll tomorrow and will let you know. Fine?

  14. #1424
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    I call my paragraph chatting, I referred to a concrete social phenomenon, may be you prefer ungrammatical dwarfy babbling of the kind you type, that's also your choice. You can choose either.




    What should I discuss to join the discussion?

    may be the prices of garlic and onion!

    I like garlic anyways.
    @حول الأرض
    No. I really didn't mean it the way you got it.
    I was just trying to say that what you are discussing is just beyond my level. You've brought up a philosophical discussion which I'm not into.
    Clear enough?

  15. #1425
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    Fine. You are from Oman, what place(s) would you advise me to visit when I come to Oman? Other than Salala which is definitely my main destination!
    Where are you from?
    You know what, I thought you are an Omani and I was eaten up with jealousy because your Engish is way better than me!
    I'm very impressed by your language.

  16. #1426
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    You were complaining about how slow is this chatbox. This is how most of the Omanis are! They complain a lot!

  17. #1427
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    Fine. You are from Oman, what place(s) would you advise me to visit when I come to Oman? Other than Salala which is definitely my main destination!
    You are not Omani

    I am really sorry for my rude behavior

    There are plenty of places worth to visit

  18. #1428
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulushi-4ever View Post
    You are not Omani

    I am really sorry for my rude behavior

    There are plenty of places worth to visit
    Surprisingly he is not!
    I'm very curious to know his nationality.

    Please support him if he needs any help.

  19. #1429
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I would suffice to say that I am from an Arab country, far away from Oman, but I am currently living in Norway: As far as you can be from Oman. Last year, I used to get a lot of depression attacks, and whenever I got one, I would start thinking of good places, such as Salalah, and the depression would instantly go away. Seriously!

    For this and many other reasons, I have decided to visit Oman one day. You better have some good food though, with lots of garlic on or in it, otherwise I will be really disappointed at you guys!

  20. #1430
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I am really sorry for my rude behavior
    No worries, I tend to be a heavy guest, I find it difficult to focus on concrete topics such as salaries and stuff.

    And thank you for your welcoming

  21. #1431
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    I would suffice to say that I am from an Arab country, far away from Oman, but I am currently living in Norway: As far as you can be from Oman. Last year, I used to get a lot of depression attacks, and whenever I got one, I would start thinking of good places, such as Salalah, and the depression would instantly go away. Seriously!

    For this and many other reasons, I have decided to visit Oman one day. You better have some good food though, with lots of garlic on or in it, otherwise I will be really disappointed at you guys!

    "suffice to say" that we are gonna learn alot from you. --> Am I saying it correctly?
    So you travel everytime you are overwhelmed with depression! what a fantastic way! Seemingly, you are an affluent guest.

    I'm an Omani and I've never been in Salalah!

  22. #1432
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    107

    Default

    "suffice to say" that we are gonna learn alot from you. --> Am I saying it correctly?
    You can say it the way I did, or you can say "suffice it to say", both work, but I prefer the first one.

    However, I think you don't need to bother much about English language, except if you are going to need a very high command of it at some point in your life, in which case I would encourage you to bother more. But I assume you don't need a lot of English since you live in Oman.



    So you travel everytime you are overwhelmed with depression! what a fantastic way! Seemingly, you are an affluent guest.
    Not exactly, I think of travelling a lot, but that does not mean I travel a lot. I rarely get the chance to travel where I want, because of life and many other factors, generally, I travel once per year, that's all.

    I'm an Omani and I've never been in Salalah!
    How come? no time for that?

  23. #1433
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    You can say it the way I did, or you can say "suffice it to say", both work, but I prefer the first one.

    However, I think you don't need to bother much about English language, except if you are going to need a very high command of it at some point in your life, in which case I would encourage you to bother more. But I assume you don't need a lot of English since you live in Oman.





    Not exactly, I think of travelling a lot, but that does not mean I travel a lot. I rarely get the chance to travel where I want, because of life and many other factors, generally, I travel once per year, that's all.


    How come? no time for that?
    "Suffice it to say" sounds better.
    I need to bother about my English Language because I communicate a lot with English native speakers at work. My English is good but I am yearning to improve it. This is who I am. I am good at everything, but I'm yearnnig for improvement.

    Regarding traveling, I've traveled two times so far!

    Well, it is not the matter of time. I just don't that passion for traveling.
    I can travel through reading.

  24. #1434
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    We need to know two things:
    Your personality and age.

    Please don't beat around the bush.

  25. #1435
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I can travel through reading.
    what do you read?


    Your personality and age.
    What do you want to know about my personality?

    As for my age, I have just recalled the answer that Mclovin gave to the two police officers who asked him about his age at the beverages store: OLD ENOUGH!

  26. #1436
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Mclovin from Super Bad.

  27. #1437
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    what do you read?




    What do you want to know about my personality?

    As for my age, I have just recalled the answer that Mclovin gave to the two police officers who asked him about his age at the beverages store: OLD ENOUGH!


    I read any book I grab and I try my best to immerse myself in it. Sometimes I understand nothing though.
    The taste of reading is just pleasing.


    Sorry. Not your personality. I should have written your nationality. Curiosity kills lol!
    OLD ENOUGH is not a satisfying answer.

  28. #1438
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    Surprisingly he is not!
    I'm very curious to know his nationality.

    Please support him if he needs any help.
    I am not providing Customer Support service here

  29. #1439
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    26,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by حول الأرض View Post
    I would suffice to say that I am from an Arab country, far away from Oman, but I am currently living in Norway: As far as you can be from Oman. Last year, I used to get a lot of depression attacks, and whenever I got one, I would start thinking of good places, such as Salalah, and the depression would instantly go away. Seriously!

    For this and many other reasons, I have decided to visit Oman one day. You better have some good food though, with lots of garlic on or in it, otherwise I will be really disappointed at you guys!
    We have famous food called Smashed Garlic you eat it with garlic sauce I think you will love it

  30. #1440
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulushi-4ever View Post
    I am not providing Customer Support service here
    Why not?
    Please don’t use that icon with hands down again.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 【 Health Chat ROOM 】غرفة العِلاج بالأعشاب والرّقية الشّرعيّة والحِجامة 【 Health Chat ROOM 】
    By صرخة من صمت in forum قسم مواضيع التثقيف الصحي والمعلومات الطبية
    Replies: 441
    Last Post: 17/10/2018, 06:39 PM
  2. 【 Health Chat ROOM 】غُرَفــة أَمــرَاض الْنِسَاء وَالْوِلَادة وَمَشاكِل الْعُقْم【 Health Chat ROOM 】
    By صرخة من صمت in forum قسم مواضيع التثقيف الصحي والمعلومات الطبية
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05/08/2012, 05:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •