Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Bebole !!

  1. #1

    Default Bebole !!

    Good afternoon,

    Today I want to have a discussion about an issue that we face in Oman, whice is our accent.
    So many of us speaks english in by using Omani accent.

    Examlpes : people = bebole
    I hope so = I hobe so
    Bag = Baj

    Im not saying that I'm the Mr.English here, but it really sound funny and
    I can't hold myself from laughing when I hear this accent.

    I wish if I can get replies with very open minded people so we can figure out how to solve this major issue .

    Waiting for your ( Rebliezz )
     Signature 


    >>~Do for this life as if you live forever, do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow~<<

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Yeah this happens a lot and I mainly blame the education system here.

    I was fortune enough to have European friends since I was a young kid and it really did help me improve my English.

    Another thing I use these days is voice chatting, it really does help your accent.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BilIie Jean View Post
    Yeah this happens a lot and I mainly blame the education system here.

    I was fortune enough to have European friends since I was a young kid and it really did help me improve my English.

    Another thing I use these days is voice chatting, it really does help your accent.
    you reminded me of my english teacher in middle school : My fazer iz a dentizt
     Signature 


    >>~Do for this life as if you live forever, do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow~<<

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    2,151
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Hi friends ...may be this topic for me in particular
    .Sometimes i used to this accent in pronouncing words.
    Yes it is wrong
    ..but From i was child ,I speak like this, ...but there is always a way to change ..
    Good topic

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajmi8855 View Post
    Good afternoon,

    Today I want to have a discussion about an issue that we face in Oman, whice is our accent.
    So many of us speaks english in by using Omani accent.

    Examlpes : people = bebole
    I hope so = I hobe so
    Bag = Baj

    Im not saying that I'm the Mr.English here, but it really sound funny and
    I can't hold myself from laughing when I hear this accent.

    I wish if I can get replies with very open minded people so we can figure out how to solve this major issue .

    Waiting for your ( Rebliezz )
    Hi,
    I strongly agree with @BilIie Jean about blaming our education system. Plus its our mistake also, when we were in school, our big deal was just to pass, no matter how to pronounce each word correctly. We can not learn English from school, we need to be more interested in watching movies and learn how to pronounce the words correctly or even chatting with foreign friends. Actually there many ways, but we need to encourage our kids to really fall in love with this language.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    11,675

    Default

    Nice topic br
    I will back to comment
     Signature 
    '

    في الهدوء جمال يختلف ..
    الهدوء ليس صمتاً ولكنّه عقل يفكّر بإدراك ، وكلام يُقال بمعنى،وروح تتأمّل بوعيّ 🌸

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    1,196
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    I assure u arabic accent can be removed by practice and ignore the inner voice like "this sound funny in my language"or " my friends will make fun of me" . also, speaking with a native tongue makes the accent wow.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    763

    Default

    You are all right indeed, yet "laughing when I hear this accent" is not the solution!
    You can help correcting the pronunciation of that person. Plus we are in 2016 and if there is a person
    Speaking English in his own accent, then he/she is to be blamed!
     Signature 
    ♡ يأتي بها الله أن الله لطيف خبير ♡

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasana View Post
    You are all right indeed, yet "laughing when I hear this accent" is not the solution!
    You can help correcting the pronunciation of that person. Plus we are in 2016 and if there is a person
    Speaking English in his own accent, then he/she is to be blamed!
    Thanx for the honest replay.

    When I say its funny, I dont mean i am making fun of it
    Its natural to smile when you hear these words
    And its hard to till the person that your pronouncing the words wrong.

    I wish if we can figure out a way to correct this.

    Im really willing to help

    Thanx for share sister
     Signature 


    >>~Do for this life as if you live forever, do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow~<<

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IT HelpDesk View Post
    Hi,
    I strongly agree with @BilIie Jean about blaming our education system. Plus its our mistake also, when we were in school, our big deal was just to pass, no matter how to pronounce each word correctly. We can not learn English from school, we need to be more interested in watching movies and learn how to pronounce the words correctly or even chatting with foreign friends. Actually there many ways, but we need to encourage our kids to really fall in love with this language.

    Thanx for your share brother..
     Signature 


    >>~Do for this life as if you live forever, do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow~<<

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by life rose View Post
    Hi friends ...may be this topic for me in particular
    .Sometimes i used to this accent in pronouncing words.
    Yes it is wrong
    ..but From i was child ,I speak like this, ...but there is always a way to change ..
    Good topic
    I dont mean any harm to anyone sister.
    And thats the spirit, you are a victim of this issue and you are pracristing to let it go.

    Keep it up and try to copy the american or british accent. As the guyz said.
     Signature 


    >>~Do for this life as if you live forever, do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow~<<

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    788

    Default

    so what ?!

    we dont have to be perfect in English ?!!!!!

    does any foreign try to learn our language .... and if so
    does he/she has to be exactly like us


    ^.^
     Signature 
    كن على حذر من الكريم إذا أهنته ومن اللئيم إذا أكرمته ..
    ومن العاقل إذا أحرجته ومن الأحمق إذا رحمته،،

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    11,675

    Default

    True, most of us studied English, but we need to exercise more language, because many of us are located in mistake whether in speaking or writing ..
    - If some of us have made a mistake we have to help him , and directing some of the tips in learning ..
    Thanks brother
     Signature 
    '

    في الهدوء جمال يختلف ..
    الهدوء ليس صمتاً ولكنّه عقل يفكّر بإدراك ، وكلام يُقال بمعنى،وروح تتأمّل بوعيّ 🌸

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Away from the mistakes and how to pronounce the litters
    I think that's another subject


    I love my accent.
    Or as you said "Omani accent "
    I think you should be proud.


    I can change my accent. Thats not something difficult for me, but I don't want. I heard so many times that I have lovely accent


    and it is nice to have your own personality and to keep it when you speak others languages. But you have to pronounce the words correctly as well.

    Over the world people do not speak English in one accent.
     Signature 
    ربنا ولا تحملنا ما لا طاقة لنا به ..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    My Manger is speaking like that

    it's fine as long we can understand them
     Signature 
    حسبنا الله سيؤتينا الله من فضله إنا الى الله لراغبون

  16. #16
    BnShams's Avatar
    BnShams is offline مميز التفاعل الاجتماعي لشهر مايو
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    people = beoble ? really?
    iam not speaking like this , actually I never heard any one speaking like this , actually sense I learned to speak english , I managed to pronouns it the way it is .

    our accent is nothing compared to others hhh
    I mean look at this



    all respect to our Egyptians brothers


    loved the topic
     Signature 
    ( فيديو ) رحلتنا الى وادي الخميس او القحفي ( طاح عني التلفون فالوادي )

    ياليتك تكون واحد من بني عمي
    وأكون أنا لولي بالحق لمطالب

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evaa View Post
    so what ?!

    we dont have to be perfect in English ?!!!!!

    does any foreign try to learn our language .... and if so
    does he/she has to be exactly like us


    ^.^
    Thanx for the honest replay

    I agree that we should make other nationalities speak
    Our language too.

    I think i made a bad point of myself rather than making a positive
    Issue i feel bad already.
     Signature 


    >>~Do for this life as if you live forever, do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow~<<

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by full heart View Post
    Away from the mistakes and how to pronounce the litters
    I think that's another subject


    I love my accent.
    Or as you said "Omani accent "
    I think you should be proud.


    I can change my accent. Thats not something difficult for me, but I don't want. I heard so many times that I have lovely accent


    and it is nice to have your own personality and to keep it when you speak others languages. But you have to pronounce the words correctly as well.

    Over the world people do not speak English in one accent.
    I totally agree .

    Thank you, I've learned something from you today
     Signature 


    >>~Do for this life as if you live forever, do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow~<<

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BnShams View Post
    people = beoble ? really?
    iam not speaking like this , actually I never heard any one speaking like this , actually sense I learned to speak english , I managed to pronouns it the way it is .

    our accent is nothing compared to others hhh
    I mean look at this



    all respect to our Egyptians brothers


    loved the topic
    Thanx dude :-p

    Finally someone who really understands

    I just wanted a topic that fun to talk about.
    But I think its my mistake, I should be carefull next
    Time about the topic I choose ��
     Signature 


    >>~Do for this life as if you live forever, do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow~<<

  20. #20
    BnShams's Avatar
    BnShams is offline مميز التفاعل الاجتماعي لشهر مايو
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Gender
    ذكر
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    hhhh u reminded me with one of my friends
    he pronounces the word score as سكوري
     Signature 
    ( فيديو ) رحلتنا الى وادي الخميس او القحفي ( طاح عني التلفون فالوادي )

    ياليتك تكون واحد من بني عمي
    وأكون أنا لولي بالحق لمطالب

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    أنثى
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Lol
    Many Omanies have difficulty in pronunciation
    But it's their tongue
    I meam we can't change it

    As one of the members mentioned it's the same when any other for example learns Arabic they won't pronounce all the words correctly

    So i think it's a worldwide problem
    Not only in Oman
    Just listen to Indian they way they speak English it's also not correct
    One = van
    Like this they are talking

    ^_^
     Signature 
    ~ ستظـــل ذكــراك عااامرة في القلوب لا تمحيهاا أثار الزمااان ~

    الله يرحمك أختي الغالية "غربــــ زمـــن ــــــة" ويسكنك فسيح جناته يارب



    راضون بما كتبه الله لنا حتى لو كان وجعاً يقتلنا ف"الحمدلله"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •