Default Santa Midget (Short Story)

Good afternoon everyone.
    Several months ago i wrote a story in my blog site. Its imaginary and i am still a beginner in writing stories, so i hope you dont overlook on my mistakes.

The story is called Santa Midget. (I did not use Arabic names in the story because i was targeting English viewers)

What a shiny, sunny, bright day it was. Weird how coincidents accure sometimes, specially in good looking days. Suddenly i was informed that i got a huge raise at work; even though, Mr.Jones who is my boss usually treats me as a slave with excessive work and no extra money, but today its not the case.

One weird thing was never enough it seems. After work i decided to go out and buy my self a new phone and some gifts for my son. All of a sudden in the mall i am meeting Ryan a friend from high school. I did not see Ryan since my twenty-countries trip (A safarai adventure in 20 countries) which has started about twenty years ago. Ryan is a man in his late thirties. White skinned and with dark hair he is. Wearing a classy suit and hat, it made him look enormously classy.Only if it wasn’t for his deppressed face. He says that he became a doctor, good for him i guess. It did not end here as Ryan insisted vigorously on me eating dinner at his place tonight. I was left with no choice honestly. My son is in his granny’s house plus i have no plans for tonight, so i ended up accepting and i wish that i never did.

I still had my new phone in its bag and in the car. All the gifts i bought for my son wrapped and ready in the trunk. it was 8 PM when i arrived at Ryan’s place. He was ready for my arrival as it took him only 10 seconds to open the door for me after knocking for two times only. The ring bell was broken. The lamp over the door was broken too. "Why so cheap doctor ? I thought they earned a lot" I said in my mind. Anyway i got inside and the first thing i noticed was the distressful, creepy nature of his home. Seems like a place to make you a patient unvolunteerly. The paint on the walls seems peeled. Most of the furniture was old, rusty and dusty. The seeling had many cracks and so did my emotions. He guided me to set on a chair that was one of three clean chairs. Ryan looks so neat compared to this rat hole he lives in and that made me even more surprised of the whole situation.

The man is not very talkative from what i remember. Tonight Ryan is a non stop talker, felt like he is reading from a book, possibly this is what happens after reading tons of big medical books.

I tried hiding sensetive personal information from him, we never were close friends from the start so why should i talk about everything.But he kept on asking….. asking …. and asking.

In which hospital do you work Ryan i should come to you whenever i feel sick” I asked. He immediately changed the subject to asking me about my twenty-countries trip. Again i tried hiding many things as much as i can. I am not used on giving information while receiving none. It was kind of an awkward conversation between us which thankfully ended with his phone ringing.

The Experssions on his face changed dramatically. From a frown, depressed man he changed to a more serious nature. He answered the phone call and in mere seconds he stood up, sorry i have to go to the hospital its an emergency” he said. Simultaneously he gave me the keys for his house and asked me to lock the door when i leave.He mentioned that the dinner is ready in the kitchen if i want to eat. At the time i did not want to eat anything, what an invitation , i should of never gotten a raise from the start i said in my mind. He then rushed out of the house and headed toward the unknown hospital.

I should leave at once i thought at the time, but i had to use the toilet first. When trying to find the toilet, all the doors in that miserable house were locked , that is weird why would someone lock each and every door in his house. As soon as i thought of leaving and heading to the mall which was near and to use the public toilet there. I started hearing a noise from behind one of the doors. A key was inserted, The switch opened, and the door slammed with force onto the wall. This scene gave me chills in my spine, what else will happen in this never ending night” i said.

A little boy came out to the living room in which i was standing. Wearing a green funny custom that we usually see in movies that includes elves. After looking at his face for a few seconds I relaised that this is no boy. A man he was, a midget to say the least. He looked so scared for some reason. We had supreme silence going on for a few seconds when he broke it by saying did he go out? Please you have to help me”. What the hell is he talking about i thought. I did not reply to him but he kept on repeating the same words over and over and over until i could not stand it any longer. What is it that you need and what are you doing in here anyway?” i said. He replied by The doctor, he is evil, i was once a normal man but he did an awful experiment on me and as a result i became a midget like this. I dont think he is smart enough to make such an experiment” i said. Please take me out of this place and then call the police” he said. And again i was left with no choice to the demands of those weird people ; thus, i accepted. I gave him the keys of my car and told him to set in it and wait for me. Then i called the police, i want to go home and rest after all of this nuisance.

In about 10 minutes the police patrol was there. While talking to the officer about all that happened in this magical day I saw Ryan walking from the other side of the street and heading toward us. I shouted to the officer There he is, please go arrest him and finish this foolish act that i got involved into” i said. Ryan had a confused expression on his face as if he doesn’t know what is going on. You turned a normal man to a midget” i said. Are you crazy?” he replied.

His words were getting on my nerves so all what i was able to do is aim toward where my car was parked and say Go ask him about what happened”. Both the officer and Ryan looked at me with anger Who are you talking about” they both said it in an almost a unified voice.

There was no car.There was no Midget.There was no new phone and no new gifts for my son.

Last edited by فيزيقي الشرق; 04/03/2017 at 02:15 PM.
     Signature 
    آسوا الازمنة
    زمن تختلط فيه أقدار الناس
    يصبح الصغير كبيرا
    ويصبح الكبير صغيرا
    ويغدو فيه الجاهل عالما
    ويصبح العالم جاهلا
    ويموت فيه اصحاب المواهب
    ليقفز على قمته الجهلاء

love it bro .....
    keep it up
     Signature 
    Hay cosas que he hecho
    Hay reglas, tuve que romper
    Hay errores que se hacen
    Hay cosas que lamento
    Que no puedes perdonar, No puedes olvidar
    Hay una bestia y la dejo correr
    Ahora se está ejecutando mi camino
    Así que, toma esta noche y míate en la calle
    Sé que no estoy perdonado, pero espero que me den
    Algo de paz

except the grammar and spelling mistakes... it was quit good.
    though the ending left me a little blank, and that 20 countries trip was way unrealistic.

nice try...
    keep it up!
     Signature 

ّّّّّّّ
    ّّّشفافة ذوق و لبيسهّّّّ
    ّّّّلبسي ملبوس برنسيسهّّّّّ
    ّّّوان تلثمت بالشيلة كأني من اهل الشرقيهّّّّ
    ّّّّيقلدوني خواتي حتى بلبسة عباتيّّّّّ
    ّّّبس الله يوم خلقنا فرّق ما غرّب بالشمس وشرقّّّّ
    ّّّّّّّّ
    ّّدلوعتهم كلهمّّّ

Quote Originally Posted by sweet stuff View Post
    except the grammar and spelling mistakes... it was quit good.
    though the ending left me a little blank, and that 20 countries trip was way unrealistic.

nice try...
    keep it up!

This was the first story I published so it was full of mistakes.
    The problem is that I wrote this story as a sequel to another story that is why its hard to understand few things ( the twenty countries trip)
     Signature 
    آسوا الازمنة
    يصبح الصغير كبيرا
    ويصبح الكبير صغيرا
    ويغدو فيه الجاهل عالما
    ويصبح العالم جاهلا
    ويموت فيه اصحاب المواهب
    ليقفز على قمته الجهلاء

Quote Originally Posted by فيزيقي الشرق View Post
    This was the first story I published so it was full of mistakes.
    The problem is that I wrote this story as a sequel to another story that is why its hard to understand few things ( the twenty countries trip)

than i dont think i should have been the first...
    but would like to see what else you wrote... cause you have an idea just need little assistance in the execution...
    wish you all the best
     Signature 

ّّّّّّّ
    ّّّشفافة ذوق و لبيسهّّّّ
    ّّّّّّّّ
    ّّدلوعتهم كلهمّّّ

but would like to see what else you wrote... cause you have an idea just need little assistance in the execution...
    wish you all the best
    Thank you for your reply. I will surly post more stories in the future, and i would like to know your opinion on them when the time comes.

Regards
     Signature 
    آسوا الازمنة
    يصبح الصغير كبيرا
    ويصبح الكبير صغيرا
    ويغدو فيه الجاهل عالما
    ويصبح العالم جاهلا
    ويموت فيه اصحاب المواهب
    ليقفز على قمته الجهلاء

wish you all the best
    @sweet stuff
    This is a small part of the first page of the newst story i am writing. Please give me your opinion about it.

In a wretched wreck of emotions came a little boy named Fahim. 16 years old when his parents got killed because of the last war. 16 years old when his life as a teenager has ended. The results of war are swift, harsh and continuous. One might fight in it, but lose his emotions and all of his humanity. Others do not fight in it, but they lose all emotions and they lose the last ounce of hope and trust for humanity. It is in those bad times the story of one single boy starts. One that will change the tides of time, one to either send the hellish era down to its Armageddon or to rise assault on his own soul and drive it to its madness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far at the east end of Gernata the city of heroes, the final slight aura of glooming hope was found. Some of the men from the other side had to come back to Gernata, they were seeking the military barracks up the hill. They came from the other side by four long boats, and they found another two in the barracks. It was a noble act in an era of dishonest for them to come down to the town and tell everyone about it. But they left no one a free choice, getting on board one of these means that you are either one of the wounded, a pregnant woman or one of the elderly. Too bad there was no concentration on the youth, as there was none, except for one. Fahim the 16 years old teenager, he was a short boy that you cant notice even while trying to notice. Agony flourished in the soul of this young man like never before. The shock that was bestowed upon him, the apocalypse which left no one sane as before, all were reasons to make this boy frown and frail as an old man of 80. The thoughts in his mind were in a war of their own, he was between two rivers, and each one of them is set on fire. Two choices to decide his eternal fate, either he survives or he parishes just like his previous ones.

Last edited by فيزيقي الشرق; 05/04/2017 at 06:28 PM.
     Signature 
    آسوا الازمنة
    يصبح الصغير كبيرا
    ويصبح الكبير صغيرا
    ويغدو فيه الجاهل عالما
    ويصبح العالم جاهلا
    ويموت فيه اصحاب المواهب
    ليقفز على قمته الجهلاء

@sweet stuff
    This is a small part of the first page of the newst story i am writing. Please give me your opinion about it.

In a wretched wreck of emotions came a little boy named Fahim. 16 years old when his parents got killed because of the last war. 16 years old when his life as a teenager has ended. The results of war are swift, harsh and continuous. One might fight in it, but lose his emotions and all of his humanity. Others do not fight in it, but they lose all emotions and they lose the last ounce of hope and trust for humanity. It is in those bad times the story of one single boy starts. One that will change the tides of time, one to either send the hellish era down to its Armageddon or to rise assault on his own soul and drive it to its madness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far at the east end of Gernata the city of heroes, the final slight aura of glooming hope was found. Some of the men from the other side had to come back to Gernata, they were seeking the military barracks up the hill. They came from the other side by four long boats, and they found another two in the barracks. It was a noble act in an era of dishonest for them to come down to the town and tell everyone about it. But they left no one a free choice, getting on board one of these means that you are either one of the wounded, a pregnant woman or one of the elderly. Too bad there was no concentration on the youth, as there was none, except for one. Fahim the 16 years old teenager, he was a short boy that you cant notice even while trying to notice. Agony flourished in the soul of this young man like never before. The shock that was bestowed upon him, the apocalypse which left no one sane as before, all were reasons to make this boy frown and frail as an old man of 80. The thoughts in his mind were in a war of their own, he was between two rivers, and each one of them is set on fire. Two choices to decide his eternal fate, either he survives or he parishes just like his previous ones.

I did say you do have ideas, you clearly have the potential to develop.
    i do apologize for taking the privilege to kinda adjust few things as per my understanding of what you wrote.
    you could ignore it if you wish.

Bon chance!!!

The results of war are swift, harsh and continuous. One might fight in it, but lose his emotions and all of his humanity. Others do not fight, but still lose all emotions and they lose the last ounce of hope and trust for humanity. Far at the east end of Gernata the city of heroes, the final slight aura of glooming hope was found; It was in those bad times the story of one single boy started. One that will change the tides of time, one to either send the hellish era down to its Armageddon or to rise assault on his own soul and drive it to its madness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The boats have come to Gernata all the way from the other side, full of those innocents who suffered the war led by their rescuers, their heroes.
    The nobility of their act made them shine like jewels of faith in such an era of dishonest and treason. And there he was amongst the wounded, the women and the elderly who were in the rescue boats. There he sat alone in a wretched wreck of emotions a 16 years teenager, Fahim. He was the only young adult there, yet no one noticed him. Maybe because he was short or maybe it’s because of the look of agony that flourished the soul of this young man like never before. The shock that was bestowed upon him, the destruction which left no one sane as before, all were reasons to make him frown and frail as an old man in his 80s. The thoughts in his mind were in a war of their own, he was between two rivers set on fire. Two choices to decide his eternal fate, either he survive or parishes just like his previous ones. He was 16 years old when his parents got killed because of the war, 16 years old when his life as a teenager has ended.
     Signature 

ّّّّّّّ
    ّّّشفافة ذوق و لبيسهّّّّ
    ّّّّّّّّ
    ّّدلوعتهم كلهمّّّ

I did say you do have ideas, you clearly have the potential to develop.
    i do apologize for taking the privilege to kinda adjust few things as per my understanding of what you wrote.
    you could ignore it if you wish.

Bon chance!!!

The results of war are swift, harsh and continuous. One might fight in it, but lose his emotions and all of his humanity. Others do not fight, but still lose all emotions and they lose the last ounce of hope and trust for humanity. Far at the east end of Gernata the city of heroes, the final slight aura of glooming hope was found; It was in those bad times the story of one single boy started. One that will change the tides of time, one to either send the hellish era down to its Armageddon or to rise assault on his own soul and drive it to its madness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The boats have come to Gernata all the way from the other side, full of those innocents who suffered the war led by their rescuers, their heroes.
    The nobility of their act made them shine like jewels of faith in such an era of dishonest and treason. And there he was amongst the wounded, the women and the elderly who were in the rescue boats. There he sat alone in a wretched wreck of emotions a 16 years teenager, Fahim. He was the only young adult there, yet no one noticed him. Maybe because he was short or maybe it’s because of the look of agony that flourished the soul of this young man like never before. The shock that was bestowed upon him, the destruction which left no one sane as before, all were reasons to make him frown and frail as an old man in his 80s. The thoughts in his mind were in a war of their own, he was between two rivers set on fire. Two choices to decide his eternal fate, either he survive or parishes just like his previous ones. He was 16 years old when his parents got killed because of the war, 16 years old when his life as a teenager has ended.

Awesome editing to be honest, I will surly use some parts of it.
    I will be asking you about other things I write in the future, your advise is appreciated.
     Signature 
    آسوا الازمنة
    يصبح الصغير كبيرا
    ويصبح الكبير صغيرا
    ويغدو فيه الجاهل عالما
    ويصبح العالم جاهلا
    ويموت فيه اصحاب المواهب
    ليقفز على قمته الجهلاء

Awesome editing to be honest, I will surly use some parts of it.
    I will be asking you about other things I write in the future, your advise is appreciated.

Good luck...
    waiting for your writings!!!
     Signature 

ّّّّّّّ
    ّّّشفافة ذوق و لبيسهّّّّ
    ّّّّّّّّ
    ّّدلوعتهم كلهمّّّ

Nice bro...