1-Click Setup for WordPress, Drupal & Joomla!

Blog Entries

Default Speech of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos to the Council of Oman, 2011?

Assalamu alaikum,

I am looking for the (English) text of the speech of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos to the Council of Oman in 2011?

Particularly, I am looking for the English text of this part:
    "
    لقد فطرنا في هذا البلد ولله المنة والحمد على السماحة وحسن المعاملة ونبذ الأحقاد ودرء الفتن والتمسك بالأعراف والقيم القائمة على الإخاء والتعاون والمحبة بين الجميع .

وأننا نؤكد على ضرورة ان تغرس هذه السجايا الحميدة والقيم الرفيعة في نفوس النشء منذ نعومة إظفارهم في البيت والمدرسة والمسجد والنادي وغيرها من محاضن التربية والتثقيف لتكون لهم سياجا يحميهم من التردي في مهاوي الأفكار الدخيلة التي تدعو إلى العنف والتشدد والكراهية والتعصب والاستبداد بالرأي وعدم قبول الأخر وغيرها من الأفكار والآراء المتطرفة التي تؤدي إلى تمزيق المجتمع واستنزاف قواه الحيوية وإيراده موارد الهلاك والدمار والعياذ بالله" .

Any idea?!
    Thanks in advance
     Signature 
    انما المؤمنون أخوة.
    اللهم انزع ما في قلوبنا من غل.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed A Alsubhi View Post
    Assalamu alaikum,

I am looking for the (English) text of the speech of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos to the Council of Oman in 2011?

Particularly, I am looking for the English text of this part:
    "
    لقد فطرنا في هذا البلد ولله المنة والحمد على السماحة وحسن المعاملة ونبذ الأحقاد ودرء الفتن والتمسك بالأعراف والقيم القائمة على الإخاء والتعاون والمحبة بين الجميع .

وأننا نؤكد على ضرورة ان تغرس هذه السجايا الحميدة والقيم الرفيعة في نفوس النشء منذ نعومة إظفارهم في البيت والمدرسة والمسجد والنادي وغيرها من محاضن التربية والتثقيف لتكون لهم سياجا يحميهم من التردي في مهاوي الأفكار الدخيلة التي تدعو إلى العنف والتشدد والكراهية والتعصب والاستبداد بالرأي وعدم قبول الأخر وغيرها من الأفكار والآراء المتطرفة التي تؤدي إلى تمزيق المجتمع واستنزاف قواه الحيوية وإيراده موارد الهلاك والدمار والعياذ بالله" .

Any idea?!
    Thanks in advance
    Good Day Dear @Ahmed A Alsubhi

This speech has very strong vocabularies and hard to translate word by word, for His Majesty is one of the very unique in what he delivers. In nutshell his selective words unforgeable.
    The closest translation I could come to is below. A word of advice not to translate it in word by word because it will lead to changing the meaning and the message of the speech

He created us in this country, Gratitude, Thanks to God Almighty Allah his leniency, generosity and virtuous blessing us with the diacritics of hatred, strife to the perpetuation existing norms, values of fraternity and the love for all mankind.
    We emphasize the need to indoctrinate these high values and qualities in the hearts of our people from a young age, at home, school, the mosque, the Club, all venues of education and edification to fence them from dilapidation in the shafts of extraneous ideas which call for violence, extremism, hatred and intolerance, authoritarianism and the none acceptance of others and other radical ideas that lead to destroying society and draining the vital forces including the resources to loss and destruction, God forbid.

Thank you @Specialization English for your notification

Last edited by THE SHED; 09/04/2016 at 06:18 AM.
     Signature 
    Lay aside dreams of greatness and embrace dreams of dependency
    Lay aside the thrill of recognition and find the joy of serving
    Lay aside the thirst for honor from others and seek to honor others instead
    Lay aside self-assessment and depend on Almighty Allah’s mercy

T̶̲̥̅̊H̶̲̥̅̊E̶̲̥̅̊ S̶̲̥̅̊H̶̲̥̅̊E̶̲̥̅̊D̶̲̥̅̊

All the best br..
     Signature 
    رحم الله أرواحا غالية تحت الثرى
    ( اللهم أبي )

Blog Entries

Dear brother THE SHED ,,

First of all, thank you very much for your reply, and I really appreciate your time and effort.

I agree with you that word-for-word translation is not good enough in this case ...therefore, I am looking for the English original text of the Speech . Usually there are some speeches are translated by Ministry of foreign affairs or by other institutions.

Thanks once again, and best regards
     Signature 
    انما المؤمنون أخوة.
    اللهم انزع ما في قلوبنا من غل.